My 2016 Race Wish List

dear-santa

Hi! I’m back! I know it’s my first post in ages, and there are lots and lots of things I want to write about… but since it’s the holiday season, my first post back will be a 2016 wish list – a race wish list!! I definitely won’t be able to do all of these races. Depending on other stuff in my life, I may hardly do any of them. Regardless, they’re all on my radar right now!

Beast of Burden 50-Miler (January 23rd)

Lake Effect Half Marathon (February 21st)***

Caumsett State Park 50k (March 6th)

Zion 100 (April 8th & 9th)

Cayuga Trails 50 (June 4th)

Vegan Power 50k (June 18th)

Missoula Marathon (July 10th)

Green Lakes 50k (August 6th)

The Rut 50k (September 4th)

Adirondack Ragnar (September 23rd & 24th)

Blues Cruise (October 2nd)

The Sentinel Hill Climb (October 25th)

Rio Del Lago 100 (November 5th)

North Face 50-Miler (San Francisco) (December)

I starred Lake Effect Half Marathon because I’m actually registered for that one! I ran 1:15:55 a couple of years ago, and I’ll be looking to improve on that time.

At this point, I’m definitely leaning toward Zion 100 in April, and I’d really like to run the North Face 50 in December. That leaves six months of fun in between!

Have you run any of these races? What did you think?

What is on your race wish list for 2016?

9 Responses to My 2016 Race Wish List

1. lljkline says:

Hmm…I’m looking for a half marathon soon – maybe I’ll join you at Lake Effect! I signed up for Cayuga, VP 50k is a maybe this year 😦 Ragnar ADK – are you doing that with SHVP?!?!?!!!! I’m also caught up in TNF 50 and would love to do that too…

I’m doing it with SHVP if the team will take me! What else is on your calendar??

• lljkline says:

YESSSS!!!! Not sure what else yet. I have Du Nationals and going back to Switzerland hopefully so I’m still planning. Oh, I wanna get into tower racing too!

2. Laura says:

See you at Lake Effect at the very least….maybe I’ll jump on the Green Lakes train this year…maybe.

I’m glad to see you back. It’s awesome how involved you’ve gotten in ultra running. You should do the Rocky 50k in Phlly. I think you would do well at it!

4. Ellie says:

I am tempted to do the Lake Effect, but have not signed up yet (ok, I’m a baby in the cold). I don’t have any races planned this year except the Buffalo marathon. This is a really impressive race schedule!

5. kate says:

a bunch of my friends just did North Face San Fran and LOVED it!!!

6. Robin says:

North Face 50! Do it! You will have strong competition, the trails here are fucking beautiful, even if it is a “bad weather” year it will seem great compared to what you have at home (“bad” would be like…low 50s and cloudy and wet), and you’ll have me yelling at you on the course and maybe even jumping in with you somewhere 🙂 The on-course support is great and the post-race setup is really fun and conducive to hanging out. The course goes from smooth fire roads to crazy stone steps to technical tree-rooty stuff to steep climbs, all with ocean views or under a canopy of redwoods. The race start times are staggered – 50mi starts at 5am, 50k starts at 7am, marathon at 9am, and the courses overlap, so you will see other people (though as a fast dude, probably only in the latter third of the race when you head back towards the start/finish area). I did the 50k this year (my first ultra!) and it was phenomenal. (Phenomenally difficult, too.) That course had 6600ft vert and the 50mi is proportional to that.