I woke up today and nothing hurts – so why not? I signed up for the Free to Run 50-Miler a week from tomorrow. I don’t expect this to be an amazing race for me – but it will be a great opportunity to run with some good people on some fantastic trails.
All race proceeds are going to Free to Run – AND I’m trying to raise some funds on my own to help out this awesome cause. I’ve set a goal of $250 – basically, I’m hoping that 50 people can chip in $5 each.
You should consider donating if:
– you can sacrifice one latte this week
– you can sacrifice one beer this week
– you have more money than you know what to do with
– you have money to donate and are looking for a good cause
You should not consider donating if:
– you are unable to pay your rent
– you are unable to pay your utility bill
– you don’t like good causes
If you are willing to donate five bucks (or more), click here.
To spice things up, I’m going to do a giveaway along with the fundraiser. One randomly selected contributor will receive a nifty little prize package that includes some good stuff.
Connie, the chair and secretary of the board at Free to Run, will be participating in the half marathon, along with a couple of Afghan expats.
The course is tough! The 50-miler is nearly +/- 11,000 feet and it includes two big climbs per loop.
Thanks for reading! Have a few bucks? Click here.