If you’re looking for my Green Lakes Race Report, scroll down or click here.
Udo’s Oil is one of my favorite products. While I generally eat a low-fat diet and suggest others do the same, I’ve had noticeable benefits (faster recovery, less soreness, less joint pain) while taking a daily tablespoon or two.
Anyhow, Udo’s Oil just came out with a new ad:
This has stirred up a little controversy on the web (is anything not controversial on the web?!). While it can be difficult to distinguish troll from human, comments have included:
– Worst Ad Ever. Absolutely Terrible.
– Such a horrible marketing decision.
– Men = Athletes but Women = Sex Objects
– Looking fierce and fabulous!
– If this drink turns three signature heroines of the trail into grumpy, irritated, short-tempered looking shrews, who needs it?
– I’d like to see one of the pictures with your guys smiling.
Here is another Flora ad that has been running (no pun intended) for a bit in several publications:
For what it’s worth, Frosty chimed in on the discussion regarding the new ad:
We decided on this idea/picture. And we all love it! We also love running, but it doesn’t define who we are! We all wear dresses and use Flora products each and everyday because they make us feel good not just in running. We had fun! This ad celebrates the brand’s diversity, as well as feminism, even as runners.
(For what it’s worth, I think she meant femininity, not feminism, although I could be wrong)
What do you think? Sexist ad? Sexist comments? Both? Neither?