A Busy Month!

This is going to be a busy month! I finished off last month with the Cayuga Trails 50, which was awesome. I took three days off from running, ran for two days, took another day off and then dropped 17 miles on Sunday. To be honest, my legs were pretty shot by the end of it!

IMG_2138

Now, I’m back into a taper/rest period. I’m racing the Vegan Power 50k in 11 days. My plan is to take it pretty easy during that race, because two weeks after that, I’m racing the Finger Lakes 50-Miler.

Here is the course profile for the Vegan Power 50k (according to the internet):

IMG_2032

The profile above represents the 5(ish) mile loop that we repeat six times. From what I hear, it’s a notoriously muddy course. Then again, what is an ultra without mud?!

I’m currently at 1,357 miles for the year and everything feels pretty good. In fact, I feel better now than I did before Cayuga Trails 50. I think the hundreds of steps must have loosened up my back… or something like that.

There is lots of running news lately. As I mentioned the other day, Grant Fisher broke 4 minutes in the mile. He’ll be running at Stanford in the fall.

Alberto Salazer has some new allegations to deal with – he was accused of everything from microdosing banned substances (and testing them on his son) to exploiting therapeutic use exceptions. This will be a huge story in the sport going forward.

Finally, a bearded Lance Armstrong was spotted in the Grand Canyon with Jenn Shelton.

Lance

I wonder what he’s up to. Perhaps he is considering an ultra…

How is your running going?

What races do you have coming up?

15 Responses to A Busy Month!

1. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

It’s funny that you say it loosened up your back, because on days that I don’t run my back hurts more. so I think you’re right : )
    Almost race time again.!!

2. Wow awesome mileage for the year! I have no idea what I’m at… I could back track through my blog and count it all up but that’s too much math!

3. This elevation profile looks relentless. I have a trail race in August I’m super stoked for, and my first 50-miler at North Face in December.

4. You are eating up these ultras like they are nothing! You are awesome!!

5. Ellie says:

Where is this vegan 50k? I so want in next year!

6. WOW you are such a machine! So inspiring! I have been enjoying running so much lately and plan to go on a beastie run tomorrow 🙂

Very cool! I bet the Finger Lakes one will be scenic – I once went to a wedding there, ran along one of the lakes, and toured the wineries!

8. Pete K says:

I got your packages in the mail the other day from the prediction contest. Thanks again for the contest and cool stuff! Good luck at the 50K.

9. blargendarg says:

Ah, Pittsfield. Beautiful countryside and a nice historic town. I try to hit Patrick’s Pub every time I go through – great, simple food, nice folks and superb beer selection… doesn’t really go with the vegan theme, though. Good luck out there!

10. What’s wrong with your back? Lately, when I wake up, I feel pain in my back. It sucks.

That last photo does not look like Lance Armstrong. I almost don’t recognize him with the beard.

As for as races, I’m hoping to run the Nike Women’s Half Marathon this Fall (Nike just released the lottery system for the race – https://www.nike.com/events-registration/event?id=9264&code=nikewomen&cp=usns_em_061515_C2007_F_NTC_LA&et_cid=332872&et_rid=2103376940195&et_sid=C2007_US_NWM_SF_DRAW&et_li=2336_HTML&et_e=AGNES.IGODAN%40GMAIL.COM&et_u=20532541&et_jb=278&et_mid=1068158).

Congrats on your 50. Good luck on the next.

11. Heather says:

Good luck! Can’t wait to read the race report!