This is my last pre-race post – woo hoo!
Here are a few last minute notes:
– I’ve run 1,270 miles so far this year. At this same time last year, I had run 1,361 miles.
– After a very hot May, the forecast for Sunday is cool and rainy. In fact, it’s going to be 54 at the start and the temperature will drop throughout the race – gloves and a hat on May 31st?!
– I’ll be fueling before the race with a ProBar and a Picky Bar. During the race, I’ll use Hammer gels and Hüma gels. My goal is to get down 2,500 calories or so during the race.
– Post-race, I’m looking forward to coffee (as always) and Strong Hearts.
– My post-race beer will be a Hugh Malone Ale by Allagash Brewing Company (Maine). It’s a Belgian Style IPA and I’m looking forward to it.
That’s it! Catch you on the flip side!