Another Day In Paradise.

If you’ve been following along, you know that I (and everyone else in the Northeast) endured a brutal winter. Fortunately, the weather has taken a 180-degree turn and it is now perfection. It has been in the 70s and 80s every day and the sun is amazing!

The News

Race season is definitely upon us. Every weekend, there are races of pretty much any distance you can dream up. In Syracuse, the Mountain Goat was on Sunday (seen above). While I was only a spectator this year, the 10-mile distance is definitely one of my favorites, if not my all-time favorite.

In other [local] news, Syracuse University has a pair of superstars. Over the weekend, Justyn Knight – a freshman – ran 13:34.86 in the 5,000m. In doing so, he broke a 32-year-old school record and a 52-year-old Canadian Junior record. Senior Martin Hehir was right on his heels in 13:35.70. Remarkably, the 5,000m might not even be their best event! Justyn excels over 1500m and Martin is a rockstar at 10,000m.

Race Results

Nothing šŸ˜¦

My Training

The good news is I managed 30 miles over the weekend. The bad news is that I ran doubles in order to get it in, and I nearly hacked up my lungs in the process. I can’t seem to kick this cold, and it sucks. With that being said, it’s early in the year and I’m doing my best not to get frustrated.

How is your weather? Are you acclimating to running in the heat?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Another Day In Paradise.

1. Nice job on the high mileage last weekend. I had a rough run in the heat last week. Should be a little cooler and rainy the next two days but the weekend will heat up again! Feel better!

2. Shawna says:

i ran last night in 82 degrees in NYC for the first time in a while, and it wasn’t so bad…the heat, at least. my leg injury was awful tho, so i’m wondering if the heat makes my muscle feel worse? who knows. i’ll prob attribute that injury to just about anything. šŸ™‚ i definitely prefer to run in 60s and no humidity, though!

3. Jane Likes to Run says:

The weather is getting nice in Minnesota as well. Although I never really acclimate to the heat. The mid to upper 40s is the perfect running condition for me.

4. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

It’s not that hot here yet, thankfully, but I agree, racing season is in full swing.! the blog world is so much fun now that everyone is racing or has races coming up. we’re around 50’s and 60’s right now. perfect to me šŸ™‚

5. willteel says:

At the moment, the weather has been perfect. I avoid the heat like the plague and run in the mornings. It’s still in the beautiful 60s at that time! Pretty soon, it’ll be getting up to the 80s and 90s at 5am though. Gotta love Vegas.

6. Hope your cold is feeling better soon! I recently acclimatised to the heat from the Canadian winter to the New Zealand summer, it was brutal! One incidence of heat stroke and luckily not more!

7. charissarunning says:

I’m loving the warmer weather! I mean it’d be nice if it was a little bit cooler but I really can’t complain because I’m really just glad winter is OVER! Hope you feel better soon!

8. It’s getting really hot here in NC! It was 85 yesterday so I opted for the treadmill… I have to ease into running in the heat, especially because I run after work around 5:00.

9. Maria Mintz says:

It’s a bad year for allergies too!