It has been a long time since I’ve raced – a really long time!
It has been 180 days since I’ve started a race.
It has been 209 days since I’ve finished a race.
It has been 287 days since I’ve done a road race.
Tomorrow is the CNY Springtime 10k. Woo hoo!
To prepare for the race, I’ve given myself a few simple reminders:
1. Work out really hard the day before the race.
2. Eat lots of fettucine alfredo.
3. Wear lots of cotton.
4. Perform a thorough warm-up.
5. Go out fast. Being in front at the beginning is more important than a good finish.
6. As soon as the finish line is in sight, start to celebrate.
7. Rehydrate after the race.
8. Ignore other runners and post results to social media as soon as possible.
Are you racing this weekend?