It’s Official…

I signed up for a 100. 100 miles. 101.6 to be exact. Originally, I wanted to do the Virgil Crest 100 because it was a UTMB qualifier. Sadly, it is no longer. ITRA has eliminated “loop” courses, which includes Virgil Crest. Honestly, this soured my view of UTMB. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Now, back to Virgil Crest. I decided to run Virgil because it will be my first 100 and I wanted an easy course. Kidding! This thing is a monster. Only four people have broken 20 hours – and only one of them (Denis Mikhaylove) did it on the new course.

IMG_0357

I decided to run it because it’s local and I’ve already done the 50, so I know the course. Also, I like Ian’s races (he’s the RD). They are extremely challenging and well organized.

Finally, it’s not until September, so it fits well with my other races.

Anyhow, we’ll see what happens!

Keep running!

9 Responses to It’s Official…

1. You got this! I’m inspired … not to do a 100 miler but still – wow!

2. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

oh gosh.. 100 miles. yea I’ll just go drive that. oh wait I don’t even drive that far in a day let alone walk or run.
    and how are they supposed to do a 100 miles without looping.? sounds difficult to plan a 100 mile race than. hmm..idk much about ultramarathons though

3. Chris P says:

Good luck with this, Jayson! It’s inspiring and also intimidating(for me anyway if I were to sign up). I’m sure you’ll do well. I should check out some of these trails these ultras are on to see if they are “joggleable”.

4. OMG Intense! Good luck! Jesse is also registered for his first 100, in November.

5. Patricia says:

WOW! 100 miles?! Wishing you all the best! Can’t wait to hear about your recap for this one!

6. Alanna says:

That’s awesome! Good luck! That’s very inspiring. I think I’ll stick with my full and half marathons though. : )

7. Jane Likes to Run says:

Woooo. What an awesome adventure. Good luck and have fun with your training.

8. Gina says:

Wow! I can’t believe we swim in the same gene pool. Good luck, J!