The snow is melting – finally! Don’t get me wrong, it’s not melting fast. In fact, I shouldn’t even be writing this because I might jinx it!
As the snow melts, it reveals lots of things hidden underneath. Below, I’ve included a list of the top 6 things that I found and the top 6 things I did not find.
Top 6 Things I Did Find
1. Poop. There is poop everywhere! Gross! I don’t have a dog so I don’t know exactly how this works – but is there a rule prohibiting removal of dog poop during the winter?
2. Gloves. There are gloves everywhere – mostly singles. Are gloves like socks? Can you lose two singles and then make a new pair? Do you just go with a single glove? One glove and one hand in a pocket?
3. Garbage. I know it can get a bit windy in winter, but come on! There is garbage everywhere. Gross!
4. Mud. Syracuse has a great summer, but early Spring and late Fall are not the prettiest. There is mud everywhere.
5. Potholes. OMG, the potholes this year are insane. I did a little research and found that bad potholes are almost everywhere. In fact, some of the worst roads in the country are in California. What do you think Californians, is this true?
6. People acting stupid. What is it about warmer weather? The temperature is barely hitting 30 degrees and people are already acting stupid. I love a lot of things about summer, but people are not one of them.
Top 6 Things I Did Not Find
1. A good Pitbull song. I don’t get it. He keeps putting out songs. The radio keeps putting them on. He’s basically the Nickelback of pop music. Who likes this guy? Fess up. Come clean. I know you’re out there.
2. Climate change policy. I get it. It was a cold winter in parts of the U.S. BUT – did you know the Earth had its warmest winter on record?
3. A Kardashian with a real job. It must be hard being famous… for being famous.
4. An Aziz Ansari joke I didn’t like. OMG, this guy is hilarious. He’s got some new stuff out and LOVE. Love, love, love.
5. The Yankees offense. Full disclosure: I am a Yankees fan. I’m nervous about this season. The pitching is… questionable. The hitting is… questionable (at best). I think it might be a long year. Do you like baseball? Who’s your team?
6. A Facebook post from a human being. Do you remember back in the day when people posted things on Facebook? Once upon a time, it was actually useful for keeping up with your friends. Now, it’s all about the ads. It’s all about the corporations. It’s all about the benjamins. And if you’re lucky, you can find out what your third cousin (that you’ve never met) had for dinner last Friday.
Peace! Have a great weekend – keep running!