1) Eat healthier. I was pretty good in 2014, but I still think there is room for improvement. That means no soda, no candy and no alcohol until after my goal races – yikes!
2) The return of speed workouts. In 2014, as I transitioned to ultras, I was worried about getting injured so I cut back on speed workouts. Unfortunately, this had an adverse impact on my racing. For 2015, I feel the need, the need for speed!
3) Sleep. I say this every year and it never happens. BUT, maybe this will be the year!
4) Read. Perhaps this doesn’t relate directly to running… then again, maybe it does. Either way, I need to do more reading in 2015.
5) Rest days. I was pretty good about rest days in 2014. With that being said, I think there is a little room for improvement.
6) Go out slower in races! I was new to ultra running this year and I made some rookie mistakes. I will make better decisions in 2015!
7) Get another tattoo! Sorry, Mom.
8) Drink more water. Drink less coffee. Well, if I can get this one half right, I’ll consider it a success.
9) Run some new trails. 2014 introduced me to some new trails and they were pretty excellent. I look forward to branching out more in 2015.
10) Keep blogging! 2014 was my first year blogging and it was pretty awesome. I hope you keep following along in 2015!