Snakes (Not On A Plane).

IMG_0513.JPG

I saw this bad-boy on my run yesterday. It’s hard to tell from the picture, but he’s about 18 feet long, give or take a little bit. It was the fifth snake I’ve seen this year. This is interesting, because until 2014, I had never seen more than one snake in a year!

I’m not sure what is going on? Global warming? Attack of the snakes? Nah, the little guys (and gals) up here are mostly harmless – unlike the double rattlesnake bite that blogger and ultra-rockstar Jenn got in August – yikes!

IMG_0515.JPG

What is the scariest animal that you have come across on a run?

IMG_0516.JPG

Did you watch Anaconda in theaters too?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Snakes (Not On A Plane).

1. FLRunnerBoy says:

Ummm a gator definitely a gator. That one I saw this summer

2. wanderwolf says:

wait, I’m finding it hard to believe that the snake was 18 feet long. You mean, like three tall basketball players put head to foot? That’s insane!

3. Angie says:

The scariest critter I almost ran into was a wolverine. It had just crossed the trail as my dog went crazy so I know it had just been there. They are mean! I was also stupid and ran on a jungle trail in Costa Rica. I came to my senses and left quickly. Didn’t see anything as I didn’t want to. I know there were snakes, scorpions, tarantulas and large spiders there as I saw them later that day on a guided hike. Insert shiver.

4. The only animal that has ever attacked me on a run is a dog. Once, however, a big ol’ buck crossed in front of me just a few yards away. He paused to look at me. I don’t normally think of deer as dangerous but at that moment I was a little worried. He went ahead and crossed the road and I continued my run.

5. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I hate snakes. Worst part of running, I swear. I once saw a baby bear on a run and realized that I’d managed to get between said baby and its mama. I moved quickly after that.

6. I’ve seen a few snakes on my runs but the most startling has been the couple of times I’ve turned a corner on a trail and ram right into the center of a group of deer. I know deer aren’t a scary animal but I’m always afraid of being trampled by one when I get that close!

7. Maria Mintz says:

Your snake looks like a docile but defensive EASTERN MILK SNAKE, which is usually 2-3′ long. It’s not poisonous, but resembles the venomous CORAL SNAKE, not native to NY, but often kept as a pet. Hope you’re making noise when you run so the snakes have time to hear and avoid you.

8. Tiger snakes and brown snakes, both poisonous, both part of life here (australia) in warmer months. Ok when there are lots of cyclists to scare them away before i get there. And been attacked by a mother duck!!

9. I was chased by a goose in Florida on a run a few years ago. I hate snakes though, with a passion. If I see one when running you bet your ass it’s turning into an interval run.

10. lljkline says:

For you it’s the year of the snake – for me it’s been bears…

11. seeing a snake on the road would help me run REALLY fast haha

12. Chris P says:

I hate snakes. Saw a snake on a long run not too long ago. Really freaked me out because snakes are uncommon in this area. Made me run a little faster.