Fall: Not a Bad Time to Go For a Run

IMG_0506.JPG

For you other Northeast folks, this post probably isn’t very exciting. Just what you need to see – more leaves!

IMG_0504.JPG

However, for my southern and mountain friends, here are a couple of shots to make you jealous. Sure, we have crappy winters that seem endless at times, but for the other 75% of the year, it’s pretty darn nice here.

IMG_0505.JPG

Not only that, fall is XC season (woo hoo) and marathon season! It seems like there are marathons everywhere you look! Of course, Chicago was this past weekend, but so was Steamtown. Wineglass wasn’t too long ago and the Empire State Marathon is next weekend. NYC is right around the corner, and so is Philadelphia. Marathons, marathons, marathons!

IMG_0508.JPG

What is your favorite season for running?

IMG_0509.JPG

Do you prefer marathons in Spring or Fall?

IMG_0510.JPG

Are you participating in a Halloween run? A Thanksgiving run?

IMG_0511.JPG

15 Responses to Fall: Not a Bad Time to Go For a Run

1. karen G says:

Fall running is the best! And I definitely prefer training through summer for a fall marathon so much more than training through winter, (especially these north east winters)!
    I just wish I could run all the races! 😉

2. Robin says:

Thank you for these photos!!!! I miss fall so badly 😦

3. Dan Button says:

I would have said that I preferred fall marathons in the past, but I need to keep fall free for XC now! Spring marathon preference by default. I’d rather do lots of long runs in the cold, rather than the humidity too. Great pictures, it’s looking great in Boston too!

4. Fall is the reason we live through freezing winters and humid summers!!

5. So beautiful! Our leaves don’t change, so I’m diggin the photos!

6. FLRunnerBoy says:

Ohhhh man I’m jealous. Favorite season to run … in Florida … well that’s easy I love running in the late fall to early winter. Man, that scenery is amazing!!! Reminds me of my days running in Maryland. And I prefer winter marathons but then again that only happens here in Florida 🙂

7. veryrach says:

You got some great pictures!!! I love the ones where the majority is still green and then there’s one spot like “BAM!!! I’m orange.”

8. My favourite season to get outdoors. Beautiful pictures.

9. marykseaman says:

The foliage at the marathon I did last weekend in Vermont was unreal. Also, I joined a trail running group for even more lead peeping, gotta love fall in New England!

10. Here in my part of australia summer is fierce, im talking up to 113f (45c). So autumn is always a relief to me! Yours looks beautiful!

11. Sweaty Mess says:

I’m really enjoying fall running. It’s sunny and cool and the foliage is beautiful. I haven’t signed up for a turkey trot yet, but it’s definitely in the cards.

12. Laurel says:

Fall is definitely my favorite season for running. The weather is just a lot more predictable. The spring marathon I ran last year at the end of May ended up getting up to 80 degrees. It’s one thing to run a marathon in the heat, but the weeks before the race it was mostly in the 50s and 60s, so I wasn’t acclimated. The year before that – 40 degrees, rainy, and windy. I love running in the fall, though.

13. Fall is absolutely the best time for running, everything about it. Cooler weather, better views, better PR conditions!

14. Sandy says:

It’s pretty hard to beat running in the Fall but I love summer running because you can run late without a head lamp. No plans for a Halloween run but my friends and I are planning a Beer mile around Thanksgiving.

Thanks for sharing. I had that growing up in Ohio, but not so much down here in Texas.