Green Lakes 50K (Before – Part II)

This is going to be my last post before the Green Lakes 50K. I will be back on Saturday (or Sunday) with results and the winner of the shoe giveaway! Since my last post, the weather forecast has gone to sh… it’s gone downhill. It’s now looking like rain and 90% humidity. Oh well, you have to play the hand you’re dealt! Obviously, everything shown below is to scale.

Race Attire & Accessories

Inov-8 Hot Peak 60 Hat

inov8

The North Face Better Than Naked Singlet

TNF

The North Face Better Than Naked Shorts

IMG_0181.JPG

Inov-8 Roclite 282 GTX

I8R28M1-2

Nathan SpeedDraw Plus

nathan-speeddraw-plus-18oz-flask-water-bottle

Timex Watch

I do race with a watch. Think old school. Think Timex. No GPS. No elevation. No HRM. Unfortunately, my watch was too shy to be photographed.

Race Hydration

Generation UCAN and Infinit Jet Fuel

IMG_0179.PNGIMG_0184IMG_0180.JPG

Race “Food”

VFuel and GU Roctane

IMG_0176IMG_0177

If you didn’t watch this on my blog yesterday, watch it today – it’s hilarious!!

What are your plans for this weekend?

This entry was posted in Races (Before & After), Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Green Lakes 50K (Before – Part II)

1. Have a great race.
    This weekend I’m dropping my youngest off at college Friday, Going to WP boot camp Saturday and doing a 12.5 mile long run Sunday. Somewhere in there I need to find time to edit photos for my new web site. I’ll probably need a good stiff drink or two Friday night!
    Cheers – Andy

2. atwinthing33 says:

That video is funny but I feel him! I did the xterra 20k last weekend at green lakes! This weekend I am supposed to do the loop around the lake 15k, turning stone 5k and turning stone half Sunday. I wanted to do green lakes but I want to wait till next year for an ultra. Also, my knee is still bothering me so I take it day to day now!!!

3. You’re ready!. Have a great race.

4. bgddyjim says:

Have a great race and good luck!

5. Lily says:

Good luck this weekend!

6. Have a great race!!! Lots of luck!

7. Jane Likes to Run says:

Good luck and enjoy!

Good luck and please take a selfie so it’s like we are there with you!

9. Angie says:

Good luck! The weather may change in your favour, forecasts aren’t always right. I wear an old school Timex too. It’s the only gadget I wear when I race, if it even qualifies as a gadget.

10. Brittany says:

I am FAR from an ultra runner, but that video had me dying. I love it. SENDING positive vibes your way, good luck and have fun!

11. marathonsam says:

Good luck! Have a fantastic race!

Niiice! Good luck, homeslice. I have a friend who was raving about ucan on a recent run. Need to look into it.

13. hmetz20 says:

I am kind of tapering for next Sunday… I have the “Monster Trail Marathon” in Cortland NY so I am excited about that. I was wondering what you thought about the UCAN. Do you drink while you are racing? I have tried it and did not like the taste. Maybe I should try another flavor? 🙂

GOOD LUCK with your race! Can’t wait to hear about!