Green Lakes 50K (Before – Part I)

GLE4

The Green Lakes 50K is on Saturday! I’m doing a two-part preview. Today’s post will focus on the race and tomorrow’s post will focus on my shoes, outfit, nutrition, hydration, etc.

The forecast for Saturday is looking good! The high will be 78 degrees and the humidity will be around 68%. I’m hoping to finish before the temperature gets anywhere near 78!

There are currently 108 people registered for the 50K. The list of entrants is available here. There are 27 people registered for the 100K. The list of entrants for the 100K is available here.

Last year, I ran 3:37:26, which was the 64th fastest 50K in the country.

IMG_0172.JPG

I’m definitely looking to improve on that this year. The course record is 3:28:27 and I’d be lying if I told you I haven’t been thinking about it. In case you’re wondering, that’s 6:42/mile. For 31.1 miles. On trails. Needless to say, it won’t be easy!

Speaking of the course record, Michael Daigeaun, who has the record, will be racing the 100K on Saturday. It’ll be fun to watch him drop an amazing time on the 100K course.

I’m excited to see how things play out and I’m looking forward to the shoe giveaway.

I don’t race with music, but I do listen to music on the way to races. I try and find a decent song to get stuck in my head. For this race, I’ve selected Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons.

Other recent pre-race favorites include: Radioactive (Imagine Dragons), Wake Me Up (Avicii) and Burn (Ellie Goulding).

Check out my other posts on this race: here and here.

What do you like to listen to on the way to races?

Also, for a good laugh, check this out:

This entry was posted in Races (Before & After), Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Green Lakes 50K (Before – Part I)

1. bpangie says:

Good luck dude. Looking forward to hearing about it. Smoke’em. If you don’t hit the CR would you be cool with just a W? Top 50 50k? I like to let my head pick out the songs, kind of like a half broken juke box. I make some serious mash-ups when I’m out on the roads.

2. Good luck with the race. 6:42 is impressive for a marathon in my book. For 31.1 mile on trails that is just crazy.

3. Good luck on your race! I need to listen to music when I run long-distances, usually upbeat dance music to keep me going!

4. Mandy says:

This is what I was listening to when I was getting ready to pace on Saturday!

5. runsaltrun says:

So exciting!!! Good luck this weekend! I hope you break that course record wide open. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Angie says:

Have a great race! Run your guts out. That’s what my husband always tells me pre-race, makes me run faster.

7. Amy says:

Good Luck! I’m a big fan of Imagine Dragons these days. I’ve had the album for over a year, but I still love it. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. FLRunnerBoy says:

Looks like you stole my playlist haha! In addition to those I’m currently into “chandelier” by Kat Perkins, “Dark Horse” by Katy Perry, and “Higher Ground” by the red hot chili peppers

9. Trails and Ultras says:

Flipping heck you’re fast! Best of luck for Saturday ๐Ÿ™‚

10. veryrach says:

Good luck!! My favorite thing to listen to while running is the Elvis Duran & the Morning Show on IHeart Radio Replay Channel! It may seem silly cuz it’s not music, but they are so entertaining! and its nice to laugh while running : D

I’m excited for you and I hope you get the course record.

12. Good luck! It’d be pretty cool to set a course record!

13. Good luck and kick butt! Listening to music on the way is a great way to get pumped up. And I approve of your song choices.

14. My goodness you are quick on your feet! Hope you crack that CR wide open!

Again, good luck! Don’t poop your pants!

16. Ha ha ha! Love the clip, the Sklar brothers always crack me up!