TGIF.

salad

I’ll be the first to admit it – I’m not a big salad eater. But the salad I made yesterday was… beautiful – and delicious!

tominstagram

Ingredients:
spinach
kale
swiss chard
carrots
tomatoes
cucumber
broccoli
flax tempeh
Goddess salad dressing

Annies-Naturals-Organic-Dressing-Goddess-092325333529 tempeh_flax_detail

Some of this salad goodness was from the CSA and some of it was from Syracuse Real Food Co-op.

Syracuse Real Food Co-op

Syracuse Real Food Co-op

I ended up making a ton of salad. I could have been on Man v. Food: The Salad Edition.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great weekend! Eat healthy and run far!!

What are your favorite salad ingredients?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to TGIF.

1. I can’t live without my EVOO on a salad. 🙂 Looks delicious!

2. Sweaty Mess says:

Nothing beats a colorful salad on a hot summer day! I like snap peas, carrots, and some gorganzola cheese.

3. 11315miles says:

Nice photo…I like the croutons and fresh tomatoes.

It’s funny, I’ve become a big salad eater the last few months. I’ve actually made some good ones LOL. I like spinach, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and olives. Basically greek salads are number 1. It has to have some sort of meat though. (tee hee TWSS).

5. MihaiTN says:

Hi ! I guess it is my first comment around here! I do something similar to your salad… I just cheat a bit with some grilled chicken breast. However, regarding the dressing I am using some homemade greek tzatziki ! natural yogurt, garlic, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, black pepper, dill, salt. It tastes better than any dressing you can buy ! Just saying! I can give you my recipe !

Welcome! That sounds excellent – homemade is always better 🙂

• MihaiTN says:

Even if you do not try there it is : peel and grate one cucumber. the result of it salt it, put it on the fridge for one hour. take it out, drain the liquid, mix it with 400 ml of yogurt ( natural), add one spoon of olive oil, the juice of one lemon and salt, pepper, garlic,dill, oregano at your own taste ! leave it in the fridge for at least one hour before eating. best it´s to be done today for eating tomorrow !

Thank you! I will definitely give it a try!

6. karen G says:

Looks good! Lately, I’ve been in love with salads with fruit and nuts. Strawberries, pecans, almonds, dried cranberries… yum!

7. Shawna says:

i eat a salad every single day of my life for lunch, and more than half for dinner as well. cannot live without them. my fave salads are from Just Salad or the Whole Foods lunch bar and would include arugula, grilled chicken, apples, some green (asparagus maybe?), celery, scallions, mmmm so much stuffffff it always changes. 🙂

8. KelsieLou says:

I’m like Shawna, salad every day for lunch. I get an iceberg mix with carrots and red cabbage. I add dried cranberries and sometimes cherry tomatoes. Light balsamic vinaigrette and Voila!

9. Yum! I put lots of veggies in my salads. I like to add pumpkin seeds too for some added crunch.