Happy 4th of July (update)

Fireworks

The story I posted about yesterday (Happy 4th of July… or not) drew media attention, hundreds of comments, and apparently, a significant number of phone calls to the mayor’s office in Cazenovia, New York.

It has been brought to my attention (via a reliable source) that the Willis twins, Nolan and Jack, will be participating in the Cazenovia 4th of July race tomorrow.

I’d like to give a positive mention to Kurt Wheeler, the mayor of Cazenovia, who was a key player in getting this done. I am also relieved that the Syracuse Chargers ultimately made the right decision.

The weather looks perfect for tomorrow. Hopefully, everyone has a great race and a good time.

Check back tomorrow for my post-race report!

What type of beer will you be drinking on the 4th?

18 Responses to Happy 4th of July (update)

1. Omg I Love this!!! I’m so happy that they are allowing them to participate! I was sooo upset after reading your blog yesterday… I’m glad they made the right choice!

I will be drinking ice tea vodka with water over ice…. I. CANT. WAIT!

2. PS good luck tomorrow!

3. Team In Training says:

I just spoke to someone on their Team. As far as he knows the boys are still not allowed to participate.

Sent from my iPhone

4. Chris P says:

I’m so glad they are letting them participate! Yipee! Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for all you do! Have a Happy 4th!

5. Team In Training says:

Yeah! They just got word! You Knew Before They Did! Thank You it took All of us to make this Happen!

Sent from my iPhone

6. Yay! Such great news, SERIOUSLY! Enjoy the race. I’m looking forward to a recap 🙂 xoxo

7. Good luck on the race! Excited to read the recap!

8. dnardi710 says:

I’m glad to hear this story got some attention and a change was made. It’s sad and unfortunate that in 2014 this was even an issue at all.

9. Very good to hear this!!! Have a great race!

Way to stand up to the man.

11. atwinthing33 says:

I wish I were running…maybe next year…..the twins also have a race called the caz hill bender….if you bike there is a 19 and 40 mile course in September! I don’t drink anymore….I need to train hahaha but I loved dogfish ipa

12. runwright says:

Great job in doing something! Kudus to you and all the best to the twins… And all the other athletes.

13. Glad they were able to participate! And no beer on the 4th – but I plan on drinking Wild Blue today! 😉