Cayuga Trails 50 (Before)

The Final Countdown

The start is less than 48 hours away – yikes! This is going to be my last post before the race and then I’ll be back on Monday with a full report of the day’s events.

The Course

As I’ve mentioned earlier, this course is a beast! 50 miles and elevation gain/loss around 11,000 feet. It will definitely be a challenge!

The Weather

The forecast has improved slightly. It is going to be about 50 degrees at the start of the race and it will go up to 76 throughout the day. There will be bright sunshine and a very light breeze. Basically, it will be hot (but not too hot, thankfully)! However, there is a creek crossing that will provide an excellent opportunity to cool off!

Race Attire

I discussed this yesterday so I won’t go into it again. The only thing I’m adding that I didn’t mention yesterday is sunblock! I don’t have much faith in it staying on and I expect to get a bit of a burn, but hopefully nothing too bad!

Past Results

I’ve never done this race before (or anything quite like it). The most I’ve ever run is 31 miles so this will be an adventure. With that being said, I feel like I’m definitely up for the challenge!

Goals

This has been a tough one for me to wrap my head around. Seven hours? Eight hours? Top ten? Top twenty? Finish? Don’t get hurt?

I honestly have no idea. I want to have a good race. I want something more than just finishing. I have no idea if I’ll ever run another fifty so I want something I can hang my hat on. I think that’s enough – maybe not the best articulation, but you get the idea!

Are you racing this weekend? What distance? Where? Good luck!

This entry was posted in Races (Before & After), Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Cayuga Trails 50 (Before)

1. chanthana says:

2. Good luck! Can’t wait to get a race report.

3. chanthana says:

Good luck!! I know you will do well. And please don’t get hurt πŸ™‚ I’ve been meaning to tell you that I really enjoy your posts each day. The one with shakes and gluttony were a couple of my favorites recently. Mmmmm…. food (also, I apologize if this comment posted twice!)

4. Good Luck! This looks like a super fun one!

5. emmelineruns says:

Good luck! Can’t wait to hear all about it πŸ™‚

6. Good luck! I’m sure you’re going to do GREAT!

7. Maria says:

I’m not racing this weekend but good luck on your race!!!!! It will be exciting to see the outcome. Good thinking on the sunblock. I’ve definitely been getting a good amount of sun on my short runs can’t imagine 50 miles.

Good luck home slice! I’m not racing this weekend, but I’ll be thinking of you after my morning run when I bust open the Moscow Mule. Cheers to your painful day!!!

9. Best of luck to you!

10. Jason, good luck tomorrow! I had to withdraw due to a family thing, but I’ll be there in spirit – have a blast, can’t wait to hear about it!

11. irenejean says:

Good luck! Looking forward to reading all about it!

12. I’m stalking your blog! I can’t wait to hear how it went!!!