She’s Baaaaack… Maybe.

radcliffe

I must say, I did not expect to see this! Yesterday, Runner’s World reported that Paula Radcliffe is planning on running one more marathon – London 2015.

The greatest female runner of all-time will be 41 years old for London 2015. She stated:

“Obviously, I won’t be able to run it in the 2 hours 15 minutes again, but I want to try and be competitive in it and run well. I guess, in a way, it’s me being greedy, as I just want to finish my career on my own terms.”

This year, the top three women were:

1) Edna Kiplagat 2:20:21
2) Florence Kiplagat 2:20:24
3) Tirunesh Dibaba 2:20:35

Does Paula have a 2:20 in her legs? Can a 41-year-old win the London Marathon? Only time will tell. However, I can guarantee you this much – watching Meb cross the finish line in Boston may have turned her into a believer.

While the 2014 edition of the race focused on the men’s race, and Mo Farah in particular, all eyes will be on the women in 2015 if Paula does, in fact, toe the line.

I wish her the best and I’m glad she’s going to try and go out on her terms (If she could snag a podium spot in London, would Rio show up on her radar?).

Do you think Paula Radcliffe can finish top three in London in 2015? Why or why not?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to She’s Baaaaack… Maybe.

1. BakeNBurn says:

I hope so! However races don’t always turn out as planned. It will definitely be an exciting race to follow.

I think she can. If any female can it would be her. It will be such an interesting and exciting race if she chooses to start.

3. Shawna says:

she’s such an inspiration and i hope to be running marathons when i’m in my 40s (although her pace is something out of a fantasy world for me!). 🙂

4. Dan Button says:

Inspiring no matter what happens. Paula has been so great for our sport and loves it so much. Truly wish her the best. I’m not sure what kind of shape she is in, but if she thinks she’s in to 2:20 shape, than so do I.

Why not? Meb Just won Boston right before turning 39.

6. leerunsdistances says:

I totally believe 100% that if Paula can get to that starting line at least 90-95% healthy that she can most definitely grab a podium spot just off her running instincts alone. Much like Shalane she just has a natural ability to stick the knife in for the kill when she is in sniffing distance of a win