My ultra is exactly a month from today – yikes! While I’m collecting my thoughts on that, and preparing for this weekend’s Mountain Goat Run, I have decided to catch up with my Liebster awards. I have three of them, so I’d better get started (after today, I’m officially retired from Liebster Awards).
The first is from Cat’s Mewsings:
1. What is your spirit animal and why?
The Irish Wolfhound! I have no idea why it’s my spirit animal, but I think they’re the cutest!
2. What’s your biggest inspiration – the thing that makes you excited to get up in the morning?
Isn’t this why we all get up in the morning?
3. Which is better–breakfast or dinner? Explain yourself.
Breakfast. Because I can still daydream about dinner all day!
4. Do you have any pets, and if so, what’s the story of how you came to own them?
No, but I had a fish once.
5. What’s the best place you’ve ever traveled to?
The top of Pikes Peak.
6. What is the one thing you’re known for that people tend to ask you about as the “expert?”
7. Run, walk, swim, or cycle?
Definitely running – although I did a little swimming back in the day.
8.What is the single best thing one can eat alongside peanut butter?
9. What is the most memorable birthday gift you’ve given or received?
Yankees playoff tickets.
10. If the world ended tomorrow, what is the one achievement you’d be the most proud of?
Yikes. Hmm. Being an empathetic person.
11. If someone asked you to recommend a book, which one would you pick out of all the books you’ve read?
Wow, that’s a tough one! I think I’ll go with Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.
The second is from PrettyLittleRunner:
1. What inspired your blog name?
2. What is your favorite racing moment?
Wow, tough one! I really enjoyed running through Brooklyn in the NYC Marathon.
3. What’s your fav pre-race meal?
Anything I can manage to hold down is my favorite 🙂 Usually a Picky Bar or a ProBar.
4. What is your favorite time of day to run and why?
I like running in the morning to get it over with – but I like the afternoon because my legs usually feel a lot better!
5. How do you refuel after a run?
I pretty much snack all day. Pistachios, almonds, fruit and coffee are a few of my faves.
6. Do you have a lucky charm or is there something you do before every race?
I don’t – maybe I need one!
7. How long have you been blogging?
Since the beginning of this year – four months.
8. What is your running anthem (your favorite song to rock out to when you run)?
I don’t listen to music while I run but I do enjoy Trampled by Turtles:
9. If you could give your teenage self advice, what would it be?
Don’t go to law school.
10. What are your top 3 goals for 2014?
– Run a very fast ultra.
– Get a promotion at work.
11. What’s your favorite motivational quote?
“And the answer came to mind: I can still take one more step. And so at that point I decided to take one more step until I could no longer take one more step.” – Gordy Ainsleigh
And last, but not least, from Kinetic Fix:
1. What is your favorite thing to write about?
2. Why did you start blogging?
I thought it would be fun – and so far, it has been.
3. What would be your ultimate athletic achievement?
I’d love to run the UTMB.
4. When are you the most nervous while competing?
I get nervous for shorter races (5k and below). The longer the race, the less nervous I get!
5. Describe your most embarrassing athletic moment.
I don’t know if embarrassing is the right word – but the last three miles of the Pikes Peak Ascent took me over two hours.
6. What is your “A” race or biggest fitness goal for 2014?
For the first half of the year, I’d like to do really well at the Cayuga Trails 50. I’ll probably set another goal for the second half of the year!
7. What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
Even when I’m training for an ultra, I still do lots of sprints – 200m repeats, 300m repeats, etc. It helps me maintain my speed even while I’m building up my endurance.
8. How do you set your goals?
I look at my PRs and then I subtract some time from them – as long as I keep getting faster, I’ll keep doing it that way!
9. What was the best advice you were ever given?
Stop eating meat. It made me a better person, much healthier in general and much faster.
10. Are you going to pass on the torch and nominate 11 fellow bloggers?
Sadly, I am not.
Just kidding, it really is the end this time.