The Tenth Day

What Is The Tenth Day?

Every day, I get up and check weather.com. Basically, every single day for the last five months has been a disappointment. So far this winter, it has snowed about 11 feet (this is barely above average) and it has been cold! Of course, cold means different things to different people. This will probably sound balmy to Ursula in northern Canada and it will probably sound insane to Lee in Florida, but nearly every single one of my runs for the last five months has been in below-freezing temperatures. In fact, a decent number of runs have been right near zero degrees Farenheit, including one race. In a way, you get used to it… and in a way, you never do.

Anyhow… I woke up this morning and checked the 10-day forecast and the tenth day looked like this:

I don’t want to get my hopes up, because in Syracuse, a day like that can quickly turn into this:

raining

or this:

snow

But maybe, just maybe, this is the real deal. Maybe for enduring eleven feet of snow and five months of frigid temperatures, we will finally be rewarded.

Snoopy Prepping For Leadville

Snoopy Prepping For Leadville

How has your winter been?

Are you looking forward to Spring/Summer weather?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Tenth Day

1. emmelineruns says:

Tomorrow was supposed to be 70 here and I was pumped, now they’ve changed it to 45 and snow on Tuesday. I’m so done with cold!

2. Angie says:

I don’t feel so alone. It’s been a long long winter up here and coincidentally I just posted about my frustration with the cold. I can’t wait for spring or summer, not running in 2-3 layers is going to feel so nice (and maybe even fast).

3. Melissa says:

Yowza. This is why I live in the south. We’ve had a ridiculous winter for us, but eleven feet of snow and five months of freezing temps is beyond anything I could deal with.

The cold weather seems to be a theme this weekend on my northern blogging friend’s posts. I really hope it warms up for y’all soon!

5. I live in Arizona so we typically have some pretty amazing weather ::runs and hides::

Hope the weather gets better for you over there!!

6. runwright says:

I’m in New York City and it was a cold, snowy and icy winter but spring brought a couple goods thus far. I posted about my first, glorious run in warm weather at http://runwright.net/2014/03/20/running-into-spring/

7. This is funny.. I love/hate that 10th day… I love when it finally appears on the forecast (if I have a race or something important on that day then I’ve been waiting for it), and I also hate it because it’s so far away that things can completely turn around.

8. Thanks for the follow. I can’t wait for Spring/Summer!

9. leerunsdistances says:

Yep! You guys have had an insane winter I’m not going to lie! It’s been so bad I am willing to go out on a limb and say I’m willing to brave the brutal Florida summer because I now it’ll mean relief for you northern runners. Although I may step back off that limb come August haha