What’s In A Name?

WhatsInAName

Coming up with a blog name was tricky. I wanted something catchy, cute, easy to remember… you get the idea. Obviously, I came up with “Must Love Jogs” (which is brilliant and perfect). As I look around at other blogs, I realize that I’m not the only creative genius in the world – go figure!!

I follow lots of blogs now and I love all of the names. With that being said, I’ve compiled a short list of a few of my favorites:

Running My Ass Off

I Run He Tris

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Marathon

Runnderlust

Questionably Texan

I Thought They Said RUM

Heart & Sole

Not Born To Run

If you have a blog, how did you come up with the name?

What are the names of some of your favorite blogs?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to What’s In A Name?

1. Oh, it was definitely tough. I was trying to come up with a name that wouldn’t limit me to writing about only one subject. At the same time, I wanted something fun and easy to remember. Thefore, I started a brainstorming session on things I love such as fitness, photography, DIY and my addiction to sweets. When I wrote these categories down, I put down the words that came to my mind first when I was thinking of, say, fitness and sweets. That’s how candies & crunches was born 😀

xoxo
    Olena

2. emmelineruns says:

This was the hardest thing for me and I’m terrible at puns. I must admit, when I saw your blog name, it was immediately my favorite. I also like abs-of-steel because it’s her name so it’s cleverer than I can be with mine. I actually just polled my two best friends when I was having trouble being creative and trying to get too cutesy with it and failing and they both separately came up with the one I have (which probably just proves I eat too much pizza).

3. Mine was pretty easy to come up with–I was surprised it wasn’t already taken!

4. Brianna @ I run He tris says:

Thanks for the shout out! I also felt like a creative genius when I thought up my blog’s name. My husband did not find it as humorous until I wrote it out for him!

5. hahaha I love the “I thought they said Rum”, now that’s a blog I want to check out. I also really like yours, which was why I checked out your blog in the first place. I guess blog names are like first impressions. It was so tough coming up with a name but in the end I chose something I thought clearly stated the intent behind my blog and was easy to spell and remember. Every once in a while I come across an amazing blog name and it makes me smile. I recently stumbled upon “A Beautiful Mess”, which I thought was super cute!

6. Kristin says:

I absolutely love my dog and think he’s the nicest dude on earth so he inspired me to come up with Stamped With A Heart because…
    He has a white patch of fur on his chest that is literally in the shape of a heart!! It’s so cool! Also, I’m a big believer in being kind to everyone so I want to metaphorically stamp everyone I meet with a piece of me, with a piece of my heart!

7. Similar to picking an email name, it was partly a process of elimination. All of the good names were taken and I’m no good at being clever.
    At the time Stephen Colbert was promoting his book “I’m America and so can you”. I played around with that and came up with, “I’m a runner and so can you”. I thought the name clearly stated what my blog was about and had a positive message for new runners or people who want to give it a try.
    It was also an inside joke for Colbert fans, though so far no one has really picked up on that.

I’ve always kind of had my username, long before my blog. It comes from my love of my college (Ohio University Bobcats) and my love of the Jimmy Buffett type of lifestyle – a pirate’s life for me!

9. leerunsdistances says:

I toyed around with my title just a little. I started with FLRunnerBoy since I reside in Florida but I’m a Maryland man at heart so I switched to Lee_Runs_5ks and that didn’t sit well with me either because even though the 5K to date has been my strongest distance, no one distance defines me so I went with leerunsdistances and it’s perfect, I like the ring to it

10. I think I’m always laughing. Fueled by lol sounded weird as did fueled by haha. I honestly don’t know where it came from…in high school people nicknamed me Hollz (because Hollie was just too long to say…) and I guess it adapted from there.

11. Melissa says:

Wow, thank you for the shout-out!

I’m not super-creative. I have a One More Mile shirt that says “I thought they said RUM” and it seemed like a perfect blog title for a once-reluctant runner like me.