This shoe may very well be the one that got away. I tried it on two separate occasions. Initially, I loved it. It had everything I was looking for: just enough drop (see below), a great tread, a soft upper, the perfect weight, a close fit – but not too close… And then I decided that something wasn’t quite right. Something was missing. A few weeks later, I tried it again, hoping that whatever I was missing the first time would be there. However, it just wasn’t meant to be. On the second go around, I thought they were a little too snug and they did not have as much cushioning as I was looking for. I think these would probably be great on relatively soft trails, but on a hard pack in the middle of summer, they might not offer enough to get you through a longer race.
The shoe has a 18mm heel and a 12mm forefoot – a 6mm drop.
The size 10 registered at 9 oz on my scale.
- these offer a soft upper with a snug fit
- a 6mm drop accomodates both minimalist fans, as well as traditional shoe fans
- these are the perfect weight for racing anything from 5k to a marathon and beyond
- the tread is brilliant – one of my favorite qualities of this shoe
- these shoes can easily be used on roads or trails
- they were a little snug for me (although I only noticed this the second time)
- an 18mm heel and a 12mm forefoot is not a lot of shoe!
- the price – these retail for $120 – but keep your eyes open, as they often go on sale!